Watching the lower belt tests. . . .
Can't take it much longer. . . .
About to begin. . . .
And they're off!
We were laughing on the way home that in karate they are rewarded for those awful looks. . . instead of "wipe that look off your face!" Of course, I've never had to actually say that to my boys. It did feel funny as a mom encouraging my sons to "look mean, get an attitude"! It was fun!
2 comments:
Oh, it's so exciting... I just can't stand it. Hopefully this girl will come early so we can watch the real deal. But then again, I am not sure my nerves could stand the anticipation!
It is rather nerve-wracking! JRR and I couldn't believe how exhausted we were, and we just watched! For the actual test we're talking all the katas they did yesterday, 6 counts for every belt, a verbal presentation, then 15 rounds of sparring, with last few or more rounds against 2 or more opponents. The goal is to completely wear them out even before they begin sparring and test their endurance and technique. How is a mother's heart supposed to take this?!!
Post a Comment